Restorative yoga is a practice that allows for relaxation and rejuvenation of the body, ultimately bringing things back in balance. The practice impacts the nervous system and mitigates stress.
This training is beneficial both for yoga instructors, but also for caregivers and those who just wish to
broaden their personal yoga experience. Led by Cathy Hendricks EYT, RYT, PYT, Y4C and Certified
Relax and Renew™ Instructor, this will be 4 hours of hands on training.
Each participant will learn how to break down a pose, how to use props skillfully to support all body
types, experience the subtle adjustments, and when to adapt and modify poses.
By the end of this 4-hours you will have the knowledge and tools needed to establish a personal restorative practice in addition to setting up others in restorative poses. Walk away confident in your ability to lead and
engage participants or yourself in the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of a restorative practice.
What You’ll Learn:
– Information on the history and founders of Restorative Yoga
– An understanding of the poses and how to expertly set up poses for yourself and others
– Principles and alignments of restorative yoga
– Common household items to use in the event you do not have traditional props
– How to work with different body sizes, shapes and abilities
– How to view this practice through the lens of self-care
What to Bring (only If you own them).
The studio has some props -but if you own them, it would be great to bring them:
– Yoga Mat
– 1-2 Bolsters
– 3 blankets
– Eye pillow or small hand towel